Table of Contents
Welcome to 400 hp to kW, our post covering the conversion of 400 horsepower to kilowatts. 400 horsepower usually mean 400 mechanical hp or 400 metric hp, used, for example, to describe the power of cars in the US (converter default), respectively Europe. However, it could also mean 400 electric hp or 400 boiler hp. What’s more is that in case of electric horsepower the equivalent of 400 hp in kW in the US slightly differs from the result of the conversion in Europe.
- 400 mechanical hp, aka 400 imperial hp, are denoted as 400 hp(I)
- 400 metric hp in short form is 400 hp(M)
- 400 electric hp in the US are abbreviated as 400 hp(E) US
- 400 electric hp in Europe in shortened form is 400 hp(E) Europe
- 400 boiler hp in symbols are either 400 hp(S), or 400 bhp
400 horsepower in the context of US cars mean mechanical horsepower, hp(I), whereas 400 horsepower in the context of automobiles in Europe mean metric horsepower, hp(M).
Conversion and Formulas
Here we use the formulas explained on our home page to obtain the following results which are rounded to two decimals:
- hp(I): [kW] =  × 0.74569987158227022 = 298.28 kW
- hp(M): [kW] =  × 0.73549875 = 294.2 kW
- hp(E) US: [kW] =  × 0.746 = 298.4 kW
- hp(E) Europe: [kW] =  × 0.735 = 294 kW
- hp(S): [kW] =  × 9.810657 = 3924.26 kW
Instead of employing a calculator, we recommend using our power converter above.
Here you can find all information related to 400 kW to hp. In the next part of our post you can learn about the conversion of 400 hp to watts.
400 Horsepower to Kilowatts
Reading so far, you already know how to change 400 horsepower to kilowatt for all definitions and types of hp. But what about 400 hp to watts?
A kilowatt is a multiple of the unit of power watt. One kilowatt is 103 watts (W). Thus, to convert 400 hp to watts use the formulas or our converter, and then multiply the result by 1000.
In the context of this article, visitors coming to this post are often looking for an answer to one of the following frequently asked questions:
- How many kW in four hundred hp?
- How many watts in 400 hp?
- How many kilowatts in 400 horsepower?
With our information, you can answer these FAQs. However, if something about the 400 horsepower conversion needs clarification, then use the comment form.
BTW: Similar power conversions on our website, include, but are not limited, to:
You have reached the last part of 400 hp in kW. Right below you can find the wrap-up of this post, followed by the explanation of our search form located in the sidebar.
400 hp in kW =
- 298.28 kW for mechanical hp
- 294.2 kW for metric hp
- 298.4 kW for electric hp US
- 294 kW for electric hp Europe
- 3924.26 kW for boiler hp
A convenient way to find a power conversion like the one being discussed in this post is entering your query, e.g. four hundred hp to kW, in the custom search form; the results page contains the relevant posts for your conversion.
If our information about 400 hp into kW has been of help to you, then please share this post with your friends, and bookmark our site in your browser.
This ends our article about 400 hp to kilowatts.Visitors who had been searching for 400 bhp to kW and 400 horsepower to watts should also have found their results here.
Thanks for visiting our 400 hp to kW conversion. – Article written by Mark